The recipe's origin is unknown, but I got the recipe, Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits, from 'A Casarella. And they're a hit with Bella and Precious, my friend Kristen's dog (although I think they're pretty bland - haha)! So here is the recipe...
I made Bella some dog treats today. She loves this recipe. This is the second time I've made these for her and she's been stalking me around the house hoping I have them in my pocket or something. They're called "Bella-Sized" (a term my friend Kristen came up with) because Bella is very particular about the size of her food. The first time I made them for her, they were apparently too big and I had to break them up into several pieces in order for her to eat them. The cookie cutter I used has two sides to and I used the one that says "Puppy" because they're smaller and perfect for her to eat on her own.
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup oats
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix wet ingredients together.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
4. Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
5. Form a ball of dough with mixture.
6. Roll out the dough to approximately 1/4" thick and use cookie cutter of choice. Make sure to press down hard and wiggle the cookie cutter so that it goes all the way through the dough and the treats are easy to pick up. 7. Place all the treats on a non-stick cookie sheet. After all possible treats have been cut, ball up the dough and roll it out again until all of the dough is gone. It may take 4 or 5 times to use up all the dough depending on the size of your cookie cutter. It took 2 trays to fit all of the treats I made. 8. Cook on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Once they're done, put them on a cooling rack and you're good to go! I hope your dog loves them as much as Bella! Have a Beautiful day! ♥ Angela